16 year old Canadian singer-songwriter will give you the goose bumps with her powerful voice and passionate interpretation! She has released four singles: Sing Like No One’s Watching, Young Love, Feelin’ Free and the heart melting duet Ready to Fly. Her songs were played in numerous community radio stations across Canada.
I am born is a musical family in Quebec, Canada. Homeschooled, we all learned to play many instruments as part of our curriculum. As a family, we performed at church, camps and hospitals. Many called us the ‘Von Blanchet’ family!!! My best memory of this period was when I was 10 year old. We were singing Christmas songs for folks with dementia. My great grand-mother was among them. As we started singing, people started to sing with us, remembering all the lyrics!! That’s when I realized for the first time the power of music. I knew from that moment that I wanted to be a singer.
Two years later, I spent most of my summer in the hospital, this time as a patient! My appendix had burst, and I had a very bad infection. Having lots of time to think, I decided to commit my life to singing. After I got home, I started to practice every day. My mom, who saw that I was really serious about it, entered me in various competitions. At first, I didn’t win anything, but with perseverance and hard work I started to achieve more and more distinctions and awards.
Awards and Recognition
- Diamonds in the Rough Showcase (2018)
- Semi-Finalist – Big Valley Jamboree (2017)
- Second Runner up – Seacoast Idol (2017)
- First place – Brome Fair (2016)
- Finalist – She’s the One (RBC Bluesfest) (2016)
- Gold medal with honor – Bravissimo Competition (2016)
- 2nd place – Vermont Maple Festival (2016)
- First place – Loaded with Talents Competition (2015)